Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Sticky Toffee Pudding

I'm obviously really rubbish at blogging! After a roaring start in my first week I seem to have run completely out of steam and can only manage a weekly entry.

It's so hot and there's tons of other stuff to do. Not to mention that dessert often takes a back seat for me in hot weather! Just lately I've become obsessed with dried fruit. Particularly figs and dates. Not sure why - perhaps I'm so lacking in some essential vitamin that my system only craves far eastern fruits....

Hmmm.

What else? I got horribly drunk on Saturday with my chums - who fared even worse than me - at least I didn't have to live thru a hideous headache come Sunday morning - just a raging thirst and a serious hankering for bacon. But that's only normal. Isn't it? The others were only able to loll about in varying degrees of hungoveredness, and eating a full English on Sunday morning provided a serious challenge to more than a couple of them. I was able to tear thru mine with plenty of brown sauce plus toast and quaff back a latte at the end! Yay for me.

Now back at work and it's really dull. But work usually is isn't it? I'd much rather be independently wealthy and do lunch and shopping every day. I can hear everyone say I'd soon get bored. Maybe. But I'm bored of working for a living too so I'd like to give expensive living and non-specific loafing a try....

1 comment:

Bella Della said...

I agree being a person of leisure is far more preferable then the hard 9 to 5 slog.. not that I would know much about that on the ol' holidays this week.. serious loafing..eating..shopping..playing..eating is going on.

Nephews in law ( is that such a term!?) are keeping me on my toes at age 3, 5 and 8 it is a serious challenge to keep up with them.. am a bit bored of hide and seek though . Hair is holding up well in this hot humid place.. am v glad I chopped it off ! can't believe it took me this long.

Sorry to hear work is dull.. I shall think of you as I roam the corridors of the malls of America !
Went to Starbucks -had mint choc chip iced latte last night.. I have one word - YUM !