Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Phew!

Blimey! How hot has it been these last couple of days?

I'm really tired today so my blog may suffer. It was so hot last night that I didn't sleep properly. And I haven't had lunch today - too busy!

I spent the weekend away from home at friends' houses - one on Friday night and another on Saturday night. It was great to catch up and I had a blast. On Friday our friend cooked an amazing curry. I need to have speaks with her to get the recipe. On Saturday I went to a BBQ and the amount of food was immense! A whole mountain of char-grilled meat products was placed on a wobbly table with about a ton of salad and buns! Yippee!

A lot of summer spirit was consumed too - well into the wee small hours - and I can vaguely remember singing (not solo I might add!) at top volume. The song of choice was Gold by Spandau Ballet - how marvellous. Fortunately the neighbours were sitting just a couple of feet away and were joining in with great gusto so noise pollution wasn't really an issue!

I'm gonna stop now as I've completely run out of steam.

For those who have an interest, the dessert of the day was white chocolate and orange sponge. Not something I'm feeling drawn to I've got to say - too sticky sweet on a hot day like today.

No comments: