Thursday, June 09, 2005

Blue sky!

Can you believe the weather? What a fab day!

Alas! Chained to my desk and only able to look out of the windows and watch planes take off from Gatwick airport into the beautiful Caribbean blue sky.

The lunchtime dessert today is a little at odds with the weather - mixed fruit crumble. Crumble reminds me of comfort food on cold, dark wintry days when you can put your fluffiest jumper and thickest socks on and then throw yourself upon the sofa for extended periods of movie viewing, allowing yourself quick breaks to top up on crumble n custard, tea, biscuits and to change the dvd.

A more approproiate dessert for today would be ice cream with something summer-fruity - strawberries for example. Problems with this are
a) I'm reeeealllly choosy on the types of ice cream I like and a rubbish flavour would make me really miffed.
b) After a lovely lunchtime sitting in the sun with my strawberries I'd need to follow it with a few glasses of Pimms which would inevitably lead to vodka tonics and then a whole evening bender at a splendid beer garden somewhere pretty. Not condusive to a Thursday afternoon busy work schedule.

oh pants! Why is there work? I think I shall decide to win the lottery on Saturday as feel I deserve it.

No comments: