Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Apple & Cinnamon Pie

YUM!!
Good ol' apple pie - everyone loves it, there's no getting away from that fact. Actually, not everyone loves it. I do know of a couple of people with a gene defect which has rendered them incapable of feeling anything but disappointment when it comes to apple pie.

BUT. When you throw in a bit of cinnamon. Life suddenly becomes rosier, the birds sing more sweetly and traffic lights magically change to green all the way home!

What is it about cinnamon that is sooooo good? Although, similarly to apple pie but with a more polarised reaction, cinnamon is a 'love it or hate it' kinda thing. Cinammon sticks are a bit rubbish tho aren't they? Strirring my coffee with one on Sunday afternoon (post shoping - see yesterday's blog...) whilst demolishing a huge wedge of cheesecake didn't make that much difference to my cappuccino.

Although, there are stories about what eating large amounts of cinnamon can do for a gentleman...

answers on a blog postcard please.....

2 comments:

Bella Della said...

I am intrigued by what eating cinamon can do for gentleman !! Please enlighten me, as I feel my education needs topping up!

I feel Mr B you are spending much time eating much cheesecake (and possibly chocolate lollies) at a variety of locations, but yet I do not see you putting on any weight, please share with me, your secret tip for eating big fat bloater cheesecake, but not looking like a big fat bloater ??

Unknown said...

Those rumours about cinnamon and gentlemen ... are true! Honest! Don't ask me how I know, but I'm married so it's allowed. Cinnamon in apple pie is an American invention, and wonderful as it is, have you tried to good old British way ... that is with nutmeg, and lots of it? Mmmmmm, pie ....