Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Dessert du jour......

....is Chocolate Sponge with Chocolate Sauce!

Yes, I too can hear the heavenly voices of angels!

Now, a discussion on chocolate. On Sunday whilst roaming aimlessly through the door section of the fridge I happened upon a forgotten (well, only I had forgotten, it would seem - more on this later...) chocolate lolly from M&S. Chocolate lolly? I can sense the confusion coupled with tense choc-related excitement from you, dear readers, already! Yes. Chocolate lollies! Yummy chocolate (not frozen) on a stick. Perfect or what? This one was mocha flavoured and I was so excited as I was expecteing nothing more than the usual range of margerine, jam and that bottle of jiff lemon that's always kicking about in there, but I can never remember buying.

Anyway - I ripped open the wrapper with much delight and scoffed it immediately whilst walking around looking for the shoes I'd hurled off in drunken haste the night before. It was only on finishing that I gave some thought to the other important thing in my life (apart from cake and chocolate!) - my other half. I hadn't shared. My guilt lasted an enormous 40 seconds before I wiped it from my mind with the giddy anticipation of a mammoth shopping spree.

Much later - post shopping - I was lazily enjoying a cup of tea and considering looking for a biscuit ( a lesser love of my life) when the question "what happened to that chocolate lolly we had in the fridge?" gripped my ears and my cold, stony, selfish heart. I had to confess.

The resulting forgiveness from the other half made my guilt even worse! I have now decided to make amends - I shall buy a huge stash of chocolate lollies for our fridge! Problem solved!

1 comment:

Bella Della said...

Oh my Lord . I hear you . chocolate lollies, are they the ones you find at the till point in M&S ? strategically placed for little kids to grab !! ( If I am correct then you also need to check the chocolate covered raisins - they are glorius too)