Monday, June 13, 2005

time is flying by.....

Today's dessert will be Lemon Curd Sponge. It's only early yet tho so lunch seems a long way off....

Actually, scratch the last last line - it's now lunchtime!!!! Yay!

Apologies Blog for not being very attentive but I've had a busy weekend filled with lazing about and eating, followed by some general aimless faffing and some more specific sofa-based loafing.

Just a quick few words about Lemon Curd. It's great! Especially on toast. Right. That's done.

What now?

My eating over the weekend could be worth some discussion as I went to a BBQ and ate heartily but not unhealthily - apart from a lot of wine which was, of course, taken purely for medicinal purposes.
The 'other half' was bordering on seriously grumpy on Sunday as I'd not washed any socks over the weekend. How awful. Socks - they're dull aren't they? Especially when there's chargrilled chicken within easy reach and a whole box of raspberry flapjacks just screaming blue murder to be scoffed. The laundry became a hazy kind of memory that disappeared as soon as I couldn't see it. Hmmm. Perhaps I should focus on chores a little more. But they're so boring! Take ironing for example. I wish someone would actually! Take my ironing that is. My friend hates it too and has a whole special kind of headache that she only gets when forced to press clothes. I on the other hand just suffer huge memory loss and disorientation at the mere mention of laundry. I often stand and wonder what the wierd cupboard with the round window is for when standing in the kitchen. I'm then jolted into realisation by the noises coming from it and I realise that, yet again, I've had a mental blank and the other half has slavishly deposited all of our smalls inside for a freshen up.

Maybe if I put a hobnob or choco-liebnitz inside the drum I'd be spurred into taking my turn at doing the washing. I may begin to have a Pavlovian dog response and start to drool every time I smell fabric softener.

I don't want any readers to think I'm lazy. I'm pretty good around the house - tidy (most of the time) and I've got a good friendship with the dishwasher - which I do remember to fill and empty. The cleaner buffs the rest of the place over tho so my expert bathroom polishing skills aren't often called to the fore.

I need food so excuse me whilst I go and peruse the day's selection....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mmmm, lemon curd. My mum used to make lemon curd tarts when I was wee bairn. Yummy, they were, just sscrumptious! I know what you mean about ironing, although I do actually quite like washing and drying the clothes first. There's something so lovely about the smell of line dried clothes it makes me all smiley inside and the neighbours think I'm weird because I sniff all the smalls deeply when I'm unpegging them to bring in. If it ever becomes fashionable to wear all your clothes crumpled I'll be one of the first and be considered something of a fashion queen.