Friday, July 22, 2005

Lemon Meringue Pie

Erm....

I'm really bad at blogging all of a sudden. I've neglected it. I've been useless.

I shall endeavour to be better. Honest.

Well, well, well... what's been happening. Lots really. I was recently in Hong Kong for work. I ate much cake! After a shaky start - I had to depart on the day of the London tube bombings - I felt homesick, which is v unusual, probably because of the awful events of the day I wanted to stay home and be with/be close to my friends/family.

Hong Kong was steaming hot but a bit rainy and wet. For those who haven't been there - you should! It's an amazing place and just being there is quite exciting - kind of like New York has it's own buzz, Hong Kong has it's own little vibe too.

Every day was punctuated by a vast lunch buffet which made my eyes pop (and eventually my trousers - so much cake!). It really was so big it took me all week to get around it and try everything! A highlight was a melted chocolate fountain which I spent quite some time thrusting chunks of fruit on sticks into. It was like being in a scene from Willy Wonka!

Back in the UK now and trying to eat sensibly but a profusion of work related events has lead me to consume even more cookies, cake and some rather special macaroons....

*sigh* Now feeling quite full and sleepy. Aah me. Oh to be a man of leisure. Probably best that I'm not or I'd be living in elasticated trousers to cope with over consumption of anything that tastes good....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mmmm, lemon meringue pie is my hubby's favourite. My current fave is kataifi, but that's only because we have just come back from Greece, where I consumed large quantities of it and now have to try not to eat large quantities of anything at all in order to fit back into my current clothes collection. [sigh]