Monday, March 03, 2008

Chicken Curry Soup and Sticky Digits

I know what you’re thinking… I thought the same.

I’m a game kind of chap so I thought I’d try this mysterious and unusual soup. It made my lips sting. The end.

I feel cheated by lunch today because I had this stupid soup. I don’t feel hungry but I do feel that I missed out on lunch, as I didn’t enjoy what I had.

I’ll get over it I guess.

OK. What’s new? Nothing really. Had a great weekend though. Had dinner with some friends in Brixton on Friday. Had a few beers with a few lovely friends on Saturday (they’re all Australian weirdly!). We met them at a bar in Islington and when TOH and I arrived, the door bitch (a new twist for this venue…) declared it was £3 entrance but the first drink would be free. She then thwacked a sticker with a number printed on it, across my chest and shunted me inside. I grilled Malcolm (my friend) who ummed and aahed a bit before blurting out that he didn’t realise it was a singles night. I insisted he wear my sticker so that he would have double the opportunity to score with the gent of his dreams. TOH swept off to the bar for our ‘free’ drinks which all turned out to be £3 anyway so the entrance fee was the same price as a drink. It was a fun night, which also turned out to be educational, although slightly sticky fingered. An American friend of Malcolm’s (can’t remember his name so from here on in he’ll be called Chip) explained that I was drinking my Corona all wrong. I was a bit perplexed, as I only know how to drink it orally and expressed this concern. Chip then demonstrated the Chicago method for ensuring that one’s Corona is fully limed. After stuffing my thumb in my bottle, gently tipping it upside down until the lime had floated to the top (or bottom) of my bottle and then back, I was instructed to very slowly remove my thumb. Obviously I was gasping of thirst by this point, it had been about 3 minutes since my last swig, so I was a bit over eager with disengaging my thumb, hence a sticky wrist which tasted of lime for pretty much the rest of the weekend.

Sunday TOH and I went to Wapping Food Project, a restaurant converted from a hydroelectric power station, to have lunch with a group of friends. It’s a seriously cool place. All of the tables have been placed in and around the machinery and it’s groovy in an industrial way. The food is amazing too. It's especially good at night as the lighting is amazing and there are candles all over the massive old machinery. There's also a brilliant art space attached which has some wierd and wonderful exhibitions.

So that’s me. Not much new to report. Still in the same place with the same thoughts about being elsewhere but I’m working on that.

4 comments:

Muzbot said...

I still don't get why you'd put any sort of fruit in beer... Oh, hang on, it was Corona wasn't it. Now I get it. ewww. :)

Monty said...

Yet another highly amusing post DG! You always make me smile! :-)

Matt said...

How funny - I'd completely forgotten about that method of drinking Corona! (I grew up in Chicago).

Yes, it's really done that way there.

joe*to*hell said...

i never understood why the lime thing is ONLY for corona. bizarre.

we're all curious about where your fantasy relocation/uprooting/rebirth is going...... i'm right behind you. figuratively