Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Afternoon Tea


I’m having a bit of a hot drink quandary. I used to have a cheeky little latte of an afternoon to give me a jolt of caffeine perkiness, which would get me to the end of the day. Then, I got bored of coffee. I switched to tea. I love a nice drop of splosh, so I was fine for afternoon refreshment for a time.

Now? I’m bored of tea. What to do? I drink water all day so I want something different. I don’t like fizzy drinks and juice doesn’t hit the spot. What’s left? Hot chocolate? I prefer my chocolate all over a biscuit rather than in a drink. Hmmm.

I’m feeling odd today. It may be because I went drinking with fellow (now lapsed) bloggers, CuteCTguy and Guy In London. They are such a dreadful influence and encourage me to consume far too much booze and behave dreadfully. Normally I’m the very soul of abstinence and as I’m sure everyone’s aware, I hardly ever touch a drop but last night I think I may have fallen from grace. I don’t actually feel over-hung, just a little displaced. It’s like I’m looking through someone else’s eyes today and my thoughts feel like they are being processed a long way away and then transported on grumpy, stubborn donkey to my limbs, which then lumber slowly into action. It took forever to brush my teeth this morning but I was so dull-witted to realise that I’d been buzzing away at my gums for ages. It was only when I dribbled toothpaste foam (now extra frothy thanks to the extended attention to my teeth) down my chin and chest that I came to my senses and prompted myself into further morning activities.

The day has been a bit of a blur though. Lots of work done and lots of people seen. I’m ready for a big sit down and a cup of… oh. A cup of what though? Bugger!

2 comments:

Monty said...

Ahhhh yes, those two CCTG and GIL are such BAD influences! LOL Poor you, getting forced to indulge a little too heavily!

As for beverages, when I'm in dire need of a pick-me-up, I hit the Red Bull - it's awful stuff but certainly gives me a jolt! :-) That or a nice shot of espresso!

Hugs!

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Well if you are drooling, I can tell you what NOT to drink ! ;)