Monday, August 07, 2006

Super Hungry

Yowsers! I’m sooo hungry today. I’ve just spent a week working in Hong Kong and we were thoroughly spoiled by the staff at the hotel where we worked. Every day was a huge merry-go-round of cake, dim sum, pastries, sandwiches - with extra cake. All of these exciting treats were punctuated only by breakfast, lunch breaks, and snack times.

My system has now reconfigured itself to expect at least a biscuit every fifteen minutes. Now that I’m back in the UK, and in normal work mode, there’s been ne’ery a piece of fruit near my desk, let alone a strawberry shortcake. I’m in disarray. I’m craving a sugar fix of monster proportions and the sensible part of my brain is quietly informing me that if I continue at my current consumption I shall have a stomach like a barrel in a few short weeks. Conversely, the irrational foodie part of me is screaming inside my head that I need baked goods immediately, or my sanity could well be at stake and I could slip into a hunger-induced state of melancholic apathy.

Panic over! Just had lunch at Pizza Express. I was kinda good by having a salad but the salads at Pizza Express have just as much fat in them as a pizza. Still, I feel slightly virtuous by having eaten some lettuce and tuna, which is obviously health food…. Isn’t it?

No comments: