Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Turkish Delight

Ever get a craving for something you haven’t had in ages, completely out of nowhere?

I’m in desperate need of a Fry’s Turkish Delight right now. Dunno why but I just really, really want one. Or two. I must confess that I’m a bit of a Turkish Delight fan. Obviously my favourite is the fake, unauthentic kind covered in chocolate but I do also like the official Turkish stuff too – especially the pistachio flavoured ones.

More food adventures coming up for me! I’m off to Ibiza on holiday at the weekend, which will mean a huge booze-bonanza but also the beginning of a Spanish food frenzy which will last two weeks. I’m very much looking forward to chorizo and albondingas. A special favourite is dates wrapped in bacon – something that I can make myself at home but never seems to taste anywhere near as amazing as it does when you’re plonked port-side in some glam and sunny holiday destination with a glass of chilly rose near at hand.

Now there’s a thought…. Does food automatically taste better if you are in pleasant surroundings? Would I find dates in bacon as tastey if I were sat on a plastic chair at the side of the M25? Obviously I’d be choking on the fumes and picking grit thrown by speeding lorries from every mouthful. It would therefore seem that location could be a factor in how good food tastes. These findings are not conclusive but I shall keep everyone informed of any further discoveries in this area.

After Ibiza we’re jetting straight to Malaga to begin our Andalucian Extravaganza. Yet more tapas!!!!! I may even get into sherry. Or maybe not. It’s a bit old lady. Although I’m sure Andalucians would argue it’s super-trendy and extremely cutting edge….

1 comment:

Bella Della said...

MR B the picture in your last blog is amazing, that looks a wicked dessert, something to rival the offerings at the Cheesecake factory Stateside !

How much did I laugh at your observations on consuming food at various locations, I would pay good money to see you placed at the side of the M25 in your plastic chair with a plate of food ! You are a scream..
I wish you much happiness on your 2 week Spanish eating fiesta bonanza.. Don't forget to take pictures of all the albondigas (isn't that such a cool sounding word !)
xx