Thursday, July 20, 2006

Lemon Meringue Pie

Do I like it is the question….

Yes is the answer, providing the meringue is fluffy and chewy. If it’s that hard, brittle polystyrene look-alike, then I certainly do not!!

I’ve just had a cheeky lunch surprise, which has made me totally perky and full of Thursday cheer. I had a cheese and mushroom panini. It was delicious. It must have been the cheese – type unknown sadly but I’m still basking in the rosy glow of a yummy lunch. Does anyone else get that? When you don’t want the taste of that last mouthful to fade? I was gasping for a drink of water but wanted the taste to last. Of course I had to give in as was beginning to look like I’d just crossed the Kalahari…

Isn’t the weather just fab in the UK right now?! I spent last weekend in Brighton and had breakfast on the beach. Granted, shingle and pebbles don’t make the most attractive beaches but the sea was a beautiful green colour, the sun was shining and there was a cool & steady breeze to take the edge off the heat. I made the dubious decision to eat a chocolate-almond croissant but it went without a hitch, there wasn’t really enough time for the chocolate to have melted as I shoved it in pretty much all in one go, as I was so hungry. Not sure why I had such mammoth hunger on though as we’d been out for dinner to an amazing restaurant the night before and ate fairly late. Anyone dropping by here that may live in Brighton or is thinking of visiting soon should go to Pinxto People. It’s kinda like a tapas restaurant but it’s a combination of Spanish and Asian food. All sounds a bit bizarre but it works really well. We had all sorts of unbelievably great food and the cocktails were lethally fabulous. What made the evening, and the restaurant a real winner was the amazing staff who work there. They were all so proud of the place and of the service they provide. It helped that the majority of them were stunning to look at but they were so genuinely lovely it made our whole experience twenty times better. We’re going back again this weekend and taking some different friends, hopefully they’ll love it as much as we do.

Now that the taste of my panini has faded and I’ve quenched my thirst I’m feeling really full. Ooh. A nice lie down would be ideal. Alas, I still have half of my working day to lurch through.

sigh….

1 comment:

Bella Della said...

OOh you must give me more details of this restaurant Pinxto - it sounds intriguing.

Well I must say I thought of you on Monday, Emma G made her most fabulously delicious millionaire shortbread, the gooey caramel was piled so high, it made it tough to get a piece of chocolate, shortbread and caramel in your mouth all in one bite..but never fear I managed it after much manoevering! Tis a shame you were not visiting the Office that day .
Ciao for now
Mrs K