Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Cinnamon Spiced Carrot Cake

I love cinnamon, as has already been discussed on a few previous blog entries. I’m not going to bang on a about it any more. Carrot cake tho... I quite like carrot cake but my favourite part is the squishy bit on the top. Once I've polished that off I soon lose interest.

I’m off to a wedding on Friday, which should present a whole cornucopia of food opportunities over the weekend. The wedding is taking place in a castle in Devon so I’ll snap a few shots and try and get them on for a future blog.

We’re going by train – a relief as driving would have been mayhem. An 11 o’clock start and we’re taking the whole thing very seriously with a plan and everything. One of my chums is charged with getting the bread, cheese, pate and other smashingly delicious comestibles whilst the rest of us are bringing the wine. By the time we roll of the train in deepest, darkest Devon we’ll be trashed! Hurrah!

Once arrived, we’ll check in to the castle (as one does) and then (hopefully) nip off for a refreshing snooze. After a nap we shall glam up for an evening’s entertainment of monster proportions before retiring (elegantly, of course) to our rooms to enjoy a night’s slumber before the big wedding day of Todd & Fergal.
Much excitement about what is planned but they’re keeping it all very close to their chests. Time will tell….

I’m a bit peckish. I might have a pasty….

1 comment:

Bella Della said...

Hey Mr B - How was the wedding ? was it the bash of the year ? will I be able to spot you sporting your gold shoes in the society section of the OK magazine?

You have arrived - congratulations on adding photos to your blog, i look forward to many more!!