Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Pintxos


Huh?

Yes. Pintxos. It’s the Basque word for tapas. It’s something that I’m hopefully going to be VERY familiar with by the close of the weekend.
Tomorrow I’m off with some chums to San Sebastian in Northern Spain. A group of 6 gay men on a sleeper train through Europe to the sun. How pink is that going to be?

Here’s my weekend holiday checklist…

Tickets
Money
Passport
Hot water bottle – for storing gin onboard the train – a la “Some Like It Hot”
Splendid pyjamas – essential bunkwear for sleeper train chic
Sunglasses – extra dark - for secret, unobserved perving at super cute Spanish hotties
Cap – to prevent my newly shaved head from becoming toast
Glamourous eveningwear
Shorts – need to get my legs brown. Winter has taken it’s toll…my legs look like hairy church candles – although still marvellously shapely!
Cool and groovy daywear – no excuse for looking shoddy
Elasticated waist trousers – pintxos, tapas, pintxos, tapas, beer, beer, beer…
Camera – I’ll try and get evidence of Spanish hotties as mentioned above
A solid constitution – a whole weekend of Spanish booze will require serious focus
A list of San Sebastian gay bars – more of a pamphlet really. We should get around all of them by midnight on the first day. We’ll probably be on a continuous gay loop for the weekend
Easter eggs – rude not to

I really, really love Spain. It’s warm and sunny, people are generally attractive with fabulous skin and no-one goes out in the evening before 11pm. To do so would be social suicide. Everyone has dinner at the kind of time I would be having breakfast, were it a work day and even the cheapest of wine tastes great – in fact the more you drink, the better it gets as your taste buds get gradually killed off…

Adios!

4 comments:

Scott in Iowa said...

Darth, I'm soooo envious! I LOVE tapas! Don't forget the yummy sangria to go with it!
Hope you have a wonderful time and even though your blog is mostly about food, maybe you should post just a few pics of those spanish hotties for the rest of us. :-)

Muzbot said...

I love the hot water bottle idea! Must remember that one. Looking forward to some of those pics!

Monty said...

Errm, send us some pics of your shapely legs too Mr! LOL

Sounds like a very glamourous trip Darth, I'm jealous! Have a fab time, drink too much, eat too much, dance too much and sleep all the way home!

Tales of the City said...

I adore tapas.. I once found a hole in the wall in Barcelona that was FAB. But Madrid has the most amazing.. (went with a local chica..) food. And men. And wine. What a perfect combo.. in any order.
6 men on a sleeper train? Sounds amusing... want a blog of that epispode!