Monday, February 05, 2007

M & S Wraps




Had one for lunch – delish – all I had time for.

I’m so busy at the mo that blogging has been a little down my list of things to do. I’m making an effort so I hope you all appreciate how virtuous I am. Gratitude in the form of cash will, of course, be accepted by the truckload.

So…. What’s new? Weeeellll. Not much really. After last week’s turbulent and exciting events, this week has seen a serene calm descend. The parents are behaving as if the conversation had never happened, or as if it has been something that they’ve known and accepted years ago. Time will tell but they’ve been brilliant in their own way and I’m privately enormously proud that they are handling things so well – outwardly at least.

Our friend left for her life in Namibia on Sunday – she’s lived there before – much earlier than when Brad & Angelina decided to show up to experience the ‘real Africa’. Hilariously enough though they stayed in a German tourist resort that looks like a small part of Bavaria has been uprooted and planted at the edge of the desert – African life is nowhere to be seen…. for miles!

We’ll all miss her (again) but if she stays for a long time I’ll be v happy to visit, as Namibia is a fantastic place. The wildlife there is spectacular and the game parks are so much emptier of people than Kruger or other, more well documented reserves. Go now before the world discovers it and it all gets turned into leopard-spotted Disney. The pic is my close encounter with an elephant at Etosha game reserve – I now know that the colour of fear is brown….

Also been attempting to get some holiday plans organised. So far we’ve decided on Provence in July and a cheeky weekender to Rome in May, as we love Rome so much. Rude not to really…

Ciao!

No comments: