Friday, January 19, 2007

A little bit of culture


Not necessarily food (or cake) related, but the other half and I decided to make the most of living in London in 2007. We’ve both lived here for ages but we don’t always take advantage of what it has to offer. London is choc full of cool stuff to do and see, but often when you live in a place you forget about all of that as you walk past it daily, on your way to and from work. I often speed by Big Ben or Buckingham Palace without stopping to think where I am. I’ve even actually looked at my watch when I’m stood next to Big Ben – how dim is that!

This year though, we’ve decided that we’re going to experience London more, like we did when we first came to live here. We, and our friends are always keen to try out the new, coolest bar or restaurant in town (how very Sex and the City!) so we’re just really adding on to that plan.

Already we’ve been to the ballet (unbelievable! I’m hooked – if anyone has the chance to see The English National Ballet’s performances of Giselle then I urge you to go!!!), we’re going to see a small production of Little Shop of Horrors next week at a groovy little theatre called The Mernier Chocolate Factory (it includes dinner too – lord knows how that’s gonna fit in with the bloodthirsty theme of the show – I’ll make sure I avoid the beef), have The Sound of Music (what a hoot, must practice my lines…) booked for April, Avenue Q for May, it’s all so... theatrical.

In a previous blog entry I was mournfully nagging on about how I didn’t have any holidays booked – I may not have time to fit any in if I keep on at this rate!

Currently polishing off a delicious mocha. I’m not sure how that fits in with a healthier lifestyle though. I’ll make up for it later by having less tonic in my gin.

Update.... I've just had a small mountain (let's call it a hillock) of Marks & Spencer Fizzy Fish. The sugar rush is incredible. I think I should feel guilty about scoffing unhealthy, waistband expanding goodies but the unparalleled carbs high is sweeping away any such feelings on a fruit flavoured wave of giddiness and euphoria. Wow! I love sugar....

2 comments:

Jane said...

Darth, thanks for stopping by my blog. I also appreciate the compliments. I cannot take credit for most of what is on my blog. I had someone design it for me and in fact I am about to get a new design.
The rest of the 'add ons' I learned to do by trial and error. Mostly error!
But it has been fun.
Nice to meet you, hope you will drop in often.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you have a wonderful plan for the new year. I look forward to reading your posts about your adventures. Someday I hope to visit London and see some of the places you take for granted