Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Cold Hands!


... Warm heart. Or so they say. I’d ask them what it all means but I don’t know who ‘they’ are.
Anyway. My hands are soooo cold today. I’m usually a warm person and rarely feel the cold if I’m indoors. I just can’t seem to get warm tho. It’s impractical to type wearing gloves of course, well near impossible actually. I may have to resort to ‘old-lady-knitted-blanket-on-lap’ arrangements…

It’s strange. For the past few weeks there’s been the usual wittering from weather channels etc about how unseasonably warm it’s been, daffodils sprouting, slumps in sales of winter coats etc. Yet suddenly, this week nature has decided to report back in for duty and switched off the heating. Bugger.
I suppose it’s a good sign as it means global warming is being held off just a little bit longer.
I watched a TV programme the other day about global warming and how Britain will be affected – it’s a bit scary really. Even if the UK puts all it’s efforts into changing, we’re still at the mercy of other nations who are still showing absolutely no signs of giving a stuff about the rest of us. You know who you are! If you were a person, you would have been well and truly spanked by the rest of the world by now for being a brat.
The UK, however, is far from being perfect so we all have a lot of work to do in order to keep the planet alive. I must get some environmentally friendly lightbulbs on my way home and then plan my eco-friendly 'next steps'!

Sermon over. I think a nice cup of Lady Grey tea is in order with a chocolate digestive. At least I could put my hands around my cup to warm up. I’ve become strangely addicted to Lady Grey tea lately. I must be turning into an old dear myself. It’ll be cake on doilies next and sandwiches with no crusts. Eek. I hope not. I LOVE bread, especially the crusts. When I was young there was almost a full-on wrestling tournament to get the thick ends of every loaf. Not just with my brother but also my mum. Mum was always up early so she usually triumphed, unless she did the ‘mum’ thing and allowed us to get there first.

Mmmm… a nice bit of hot buttered toast would be fabulous right about now…

1 comment:

Bella Della said...

OOh Mr B I love these mittens, you must ensure you purchase a pair, or get your mummy to knit you a pair, for when you are feeling freezing in the office. I take it from your consumption of fizzy fish that the new M&S has opened in the south terminal.
Are you loving blogging still ? I think I have re-discovered a new love for it, we are old hands at this now !