Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Ding Dong Merrily


Now that the festive season is approaching at terrifying speed, I’m pleased to report that my first yuletide Eggnog Latte from Starbucks has been consumed. Despite the reputation of said coffee outlet, I do enjoy their Christmas offerings. When accompanied by a couple (or more) of their mini mince pies an eggnog latte is just the thing for…. for…. well… for anything really!

Today I also threw myself into the seasonal spirit by having a Christmas sandwich. Now ‘Christmas sandwich’ could include a whole host of nasties really, couldn’t it? But fortunately this one was devoid of sprouts, crackers, hairy aunties or ‘eat me’ dates. It was a yummy cranberry bread sandwich with turkey, bacon, stuffing (my fave!), cranberry chutney and various greenery.

Other festive seasonal firsts of late…

The CD player has come out in the office and I’m peppered with the ‘rootie-toot-toots’ and ‘rumtie-tum-tums’ of jolly ditties all day long. It’s only day 3 of the music so I’m still upbeat about it all. Come next Monday I’ll be ready to use festive CD’s as coasters… and don’t even mention Slade…..

The social hurly burly of Christmas has also begun to gear up and we’ve had a few people over for dinner over the last few days as we probably won’t get to see them again until 2007. Party invites and Christmas drinkies with chums are filling up weekdays and weekends are booked solid. Fortunately I seem to have plenty of annual leave left over this year that needs to be used before Dec 31st so I’m only working 3 day weeks until January. Woo-hoo!

I’m now looking forward to my first Christmas buffet of 2006. Always a fan of a buffet, I wait in eager anticipation to see what’s on this year’s party food top ten. Please don’t let there be too much fish or cheese. I’m ok with the odd prawn but I’m more of a lover of lard and stodge than prancey health food on a doily. Give me indigestion inducing pastry, love-handle producing cake and artery hardening dairy products. All washed down with booze. I know. It’s not big and it’s not clever. But it is Christmas, and that’s the season (but not just the reason) to be jolly.

2 comments:

Bella Della said...

OOh I am liking the picture of the figgy pudding ! So you must already have commenced your 4 day weekend, I am dead jealous !
Mince pies have commenced arriving at our Office from various agencies .. has the same been happening at your side of VAA?

Anonymous said...

Just what IS figgy pudding? I've always wondered.

Signed,

(Dumb American Cousin)