Friday, December 22, 2006

Christmas Crackers


I’m not really a fan of crackers (with or without cheese). The kind you pull are fun but the kind you eat leave me a bit uninspired.

Well, last day at work before the Christmas season grinds into full swing. Still more Christmas tunes belting out from the desk opposite mine. I must say that Phil Spector’s Christmas is now wearing thin and the fact that “Santa Claus is Comin’ to Town” is no longer filling me with delight and, much tho I’d like to “Feed the World” to “Let them know it’s Christmas time again…” I’m afraid these songs are really grating on my now jangled nerves - as is the truly dreadful singing of my colleague opposite. The fun and shine of my festive baubles are really tarnishing rapidly.

Otherwise I’m quite perky about the whole thing and can’t wait to skip free from my work shackles and skip merrily to my family and friends to begin celebrating proper.

This evening I’m catching a train to northern England to spend the ‘season to be jolly’ with my family. I hope it snows a bit. Last time I went home I spent all of Boxing Day (26th December) on a sledge with my brother, niece and nephew, hurtling down hills on a bleak and snowy moorland. It was brilliant!

I have been preparing my body for a week or so of major heart-stopping, artery clogging food bingeing. I think I’m just about there but may have to do some last minute stomach stretching exercises on the train – I have 3 hours worth of journey to increase my eating capacity…
I’ve also done a little to spread some joy elsewhere. I donated some cash to a charity to buy equipment for building wells and buying crops to allow people to grow their own food and become self-sufficient) and to a childrens’ charity in the UK. I feel a little happier that I’ve tried in a really, really small way to make someone’s life a little better.

Merry Christmas to anyone who may be dropping in to my blog. Happy New Year to everyone.

No comments: