Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Chocolate & Almond Pithivier

What the..?

Completely clueless me! Had a quick look at it too and I'm still baffled. Hmph!

Anyhoo. I've had a pretty slim (excuse pun) week on the cake front. I spent last week in Delhi and enjoyed it so much I decided to bring back a memento. Unfortunately my souvenir of India made itself known on the flight on the way home. I've never been so scared of a seat-belt sign. I had a sick-bag ready and my eye constantly on the loo. Phew! Nine hours of plane toilet trauma! Hence a slight easing off of mass consumption. Then again...

All better now tho and eyeing up a box of lemon and lime Jaffa cakes on my boss' desk....
I tried a raspberry Jaffa cake the other week and was most impressed. Although the original Jaffa is still a firm fave.

The other half and I discovered the joys of Gu last night. Everyone should try it. Really. Before you die.
Chocolate and raspberry dessert. Heaven! The other half was also impressed at the washable (and then obvisouly re-usable) glass ramakin style dishes. What a geek! After much eye rolling from me at such a suggestion, I still wasn't able to prevent them from going into the dishwasher. What next? Saving lolly sticks?

2 comments:

Alex said...

Hi Darth, I saw in a precedent post that you fear about 'is anyone reading my blog?", so I can't past and decided to give you a small word. I am very interested by your blog, because I am french and live in Paris, so a blog that discuss from cake, chocolate and almond appeals to me for sure :-)
I read several of your posts and found them really interesting, because you seems to travel a lot and picture us many foreign foods. I really love that.
Keep up the good work !

Bella Della said...

GU ? What is this.. I feel we have not discussed this new phenomenon in the food world !!