Friday, March 24, 2006

Pear & Ginger Crumble

I'm not that much of a fan of ginger. Come to think of it, I'm not that keen on pears either.

I am, however, most thrilled with my lunch today. After a lacklustre pre-decision scan at what was available, I had prepared myself for a dull, unappetising choice which had the potential to turn my Friday afternoon into a gloomy affair. Actually, there were Jammy Dodgers on standby so it wouldn't have plummetted too low.

Anyhow, I spied mushroom stroganoff on the menu but was put off by the wild rice. So I had it with chips instead. Inspired!! It looked so great, the lady behind me in the queue gasped with undisguised fascination, then promptly ordered the same for herself. Culinary genius!

I'm now feeling a tad full. But extremely pleased with myself. The Jammie Dodgers are quite close to hand but I'm not feeling drawn just yet. Probably later with a nice cup of tea and a hob nob chaser!

Not sure what to do over the weekend. I can feel a mammoth shopping trip lurking at the back of my awareness and I'm not sure whether I should give in to it and go bananas or if I should smother it and save the cash. For an even bigger splurge at some time in the near future. Obviously!

I may be off to India on Monday. Last minute work plans. All keeps one on one's toes. At least I get to eat groovy Indian food and do a bit of unusual shopping. I'll probably be given a humungous list by my work chums to bring back and king's ransom in pashminas.....

No comments: