Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Coffee & Walnut Sponge with Coffee Sauce

Now I like coffee as much as the next man/woman but this is a bit ridiculous! I'm not a fan of coffee flavoured stuff - apart from coffee of course. There's nothing better than a mid morning cappuccino whilst you watch the world go by - preferably seated in a bustling square somewhere glamourous like Rome, or Madrid.

I'm also not a fan of strawberry or mint flavoured things. Strawberries are great but once you start to fake it up it just gets a bit sickly. I really can't stand soft centred chocolates either so strawberry or orange creams always go wasted. And as for coffee creams.... eww! When I lived at home with my folks, our dog thought that chocolate only tasted of strawberry goop as the poor mutt never got to taste any other kind! Mind you... he was always very close by or arrived at your ankles soon after the first rustles of an opening box could be heard, so he must have been partial...

Speaking of Rome - I'd casually dropped it in, of course - I'm off to the Eternal City on Friday. I can't wait. I love it so much. It'll be warm, it'll be stylish, the people will be attractive and I can eat fabulous food 24 hours a day and top it all off with gelato and maybe an amaretto or twenty! Europe is so handy to us Brits and it's stuffed choc full of cool food potentials! My current faves - if anyone has dropped by before may have read - are Rome (sigh!), Seville (sigh plus!), Madrid (lengthy sigh!) and Mallorca (island-breeze-laden sigh!). Of course there are more global faves too, but I'm focusing on Europe right now.

I'm off to Cape Cod in June so if anyone has any tips please drop me a line to tell me of your fave places/food tips/booze locations. I'm already planning a lobster extravaganza.....

No comments: