Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Ginger & Hot Syrup Pudding

Bleeargh!!! Today's dessert is a complete waste of cakey cravings. I can't bear ginger. Unless it's with spring onions and chicken.

However, a cheeky dessert surprise did catch me off guard earlier today. Chocolate chip Snack-a-jacks!! I couldn't believe that puffed rice could be so tastey. Honestly! Normally they're the domain of savoury snacks, I know , I know, but give it a try. I think it's the chocolate chips that do it for me.

Other dessert news....

On Sunday whilst in Brighton I went to Bills for a soya latte (ooh! get me!) and, obviously, a small wedge of cake - it had been an exhausting walk after all. I was shopping for furniture and that can wear a person down.

Anyway, back to the cake. I ordered fig, berry and franzipan cake. When it arrived I felt like I'd just stepped into dessert Narnia! I couldn't believe it! The cake looked like a huge slice of glossy, fairytale garden. It was a towering fruit pile with tons of sprigs of heather and flowers poking from every sugary nook and cranny! That lasted for about 4.7 seconds - until I got my eating irons into it! Then it just collapsed into a dessert heap. 6.7 seconds later it was just a creamy, jammy smear left on my plate. Fortunately my latte was quite hot so it took a while to polish that off, otherwise I'd have been sat idly gawping at my chums who daintily pecked and nibbled at their cake. Actually, the other half had boiled eggs with soldiers. I was really envious of that too - I love boiled eggs.

Hmm. What else...? The flat in Hove is taking shape - if a little devoid of furniture, but as I spent most of my time gadding about looking for furniture to buy or looking for new coffee & cake pit-stops, I was hardly there.

Okey dokey. Ever onward and time to turn my attentions to some work. How inconvenient!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

No cake since October? You're not on a ... health programme, are you?