Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Apple & Walnut Sponge

Sponge. Sponge. Just say it over a few times to yourselves.... It's a fab word isn't it? I love the word 'sponge'. Dunno why. Just do. Probably 'cos I love eating it too.

Anyhoo... Things have happened since last blogging. I've taken possession of my new flat in Hove which is abso-bloomin-lutely marvellous. It's close to the sea and the day after moving in we sat on the beach with cups of coffee and, of course, cake. I love the seaside in autumn/wintertime. The sea is so much more interesting when it's being thrashed up to the beach by stiff force 9 to be dumped, frothing noisily on the sand, or pebbles in Hove's case.
A downside of the Brighton/Hove coastline is the monstrous, mutating seagulls that strut swaggeringly up and down the seafront. They have bags of attitude and are gigantic. Really! Some are the size of a small family hatchback! What with those sneaky, beady eyes and those awful yellow beaks (which often have a cruel and cunning smile - I swear), they're a real threat to seaside enjoyment - not to mention the chaos they cause to car cleanliness! I am now resolutely dedicated to disliking them. A friend is often terrorised by pushy gulls and often has to find new routes to favoured places as local gull-gangs hang out frightening tourists into handing over burgers, candyfloss and keys to their hotel rooms for ransacking. I have pledged my time in Hove (apart from drinking, eating and making merry) to facing up to this nasty element of coastal life and making sure that they don't own the beach. Perhaps if they were smaller and cuter it would be ok....

1 comment:

Bella Della said...

Ooh poor you Mr B I can understand when you have a moment of excitement that there is an added comment to your site from a potential new blog buddy, only to find it is a spam man ! Anyway I am a genuine real life blog buddy who is not about to sell you man boob enhancement gel or a seller of cress seeds to grow on your chest to boost the chest hair experience.. Anyway I am sorry for being a poor blog buddy, but I have returned.
Just a quick reminder it is the "bring the most unusual shop bought biscuits to work" event next week