Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Toffee Apple Crumble

Not sure how I'm feeling about today's dessert. In principle I'm against it as I don't like toffee apples. However, toffee AND apple crumble could be a cheeky surprise. I remember getting quite tipsy in Sydney on Toffee Apple Martinis which were amazing....

I'm off to New York in 2 days - I can't wait. It's more or less an annual thing and I'm eager to hit the shops, bars and restaurants.
New York is kind of unique - it looks like a movie set (we all see it so much on TV), I love the sound of New York too - the honking horns and sirens. I love US drug stores - could spend hours in those - with their almost terrifying products which surely wouldn't be allowed in so many countries in Europe, yet the US is really wary of so many other kinds of drug that we have here in the UK. Wierd isn't it?!
I'm looking forward to eating donuts and bagels and hot-dogs on street corners. I might even throw in a pretzel, although they usually make me really thirsty. Always a good excuse to pop into a local hostelry for a cold beer and a sit down!

Things I don't like about New York
1. Outrageous theatre ticket prices
2. The fact that it's too expensive for me to own a Central Park view apartment
3. Having to leave to come home

In a way it's very similar to London - grubby, noisy but exciting and lively at the same time!

Ok. I'm now going to plan my eating/drinking/shopping itinerary. I may be some time.....


I look forward to seeing all of you New York bloggers in various bars around town. Please excuse me if I'm a little worse for wear and I apologise in advance for any untidy behaviour!

1 comment:

Bella Della said...

Oh my gosh.. I never knew you were a fellow fan of drugstores in America.. Eckerds.. Duane Reed, Walgeens.. the list goes on I too have spent may happy hours roaming the the aisles of the above mentioned drugstores.. Boots and Superdrug. just come no where close..