Monday, September 12, 2005

Banana Pudding with Cinnamon Custard

My first reaction to this is '?'

I had to give it some serious thought. But on the whole, after a bit of a think, I reckon I quite like the sound of it. Sadly I'm not in my own office today so I can't taste it to provide any further info... how upsetting.

However, something I CAN comment on is food in Seville! I've just returned from a few days there and I'm very full of tapas! Too delish for words really. Not much cake consumed but quite frankly I wouldn't have had the space. There was a great deal of belt loosening and letting out of shorts drawstrings. The heat was lovely - 34 degrees each day with beautiful balmy evenings spent outside getting totally lashed up in streetside bars and clubs until 6am. Nothing begins to gear up until about 11pm and clubs don't even start chilling the beers until 3am! The people of Seville are stunning and even those considered less better looking made me feel like the chunkier business end of a mule....
Still, it's always nice to people watch (which I love almost as much as cake!) when the people are utterly gorgeous.

Of course I have spent the day mulling over how much I'd like to move to Spain so that I could spend days drifting languidly from home, to work, to siesta, then onwards to tapas and evenings of lighthearted hysteria with a crowd of beautiful people. Alas, my thoughts always return to the facts that a) I'm not independently wealthy enough to do so; b) I don't speak Spanish (yet!) and; c) I'm nowhere near fabulous enough to look at in order to compete!

Aah well. London is cool and I enjoy living here - plus there is always cake nearby and they don't sell Jaffa Cakes in Spain - they'd melt in the heat.

2 comments:

Alex said...

I come here by hazard, but I wass hooked! your writting is amazing. I will return to see if you can maintain the good job :-))
Jeff - cure fungus toenail

Bella Della said...

I feel you are too hooked on food.. can I recommend some diet pills..