Friday, August 26, 2005

Flapjacks, Carrot Cake, Chocolate Fudge Sponge, Spanish Macaroons, Brownies and Date & prune cake

G A S P ! ! !

All of the above. Yes ALL!! They are literally 2 feet away from my nose and my sticky, greedy, cake-snaffling fingers.

As a suggested idea from a colleague (a fellow lover of all things edible) we are having a "Bring-a-cake-that-you-have-made-yourself-to-work" Day. It's a blistering success. There have been a few cheeky surprises with one contender delivering, with no fanfare whatsoever, a glossy, sumptuous temptress of a cake (as yet untested - reports and full review available in the near future). However, there has also been skullduggery. The appeallingly innocent looking carrot cake is not all it seems....
Oh yes. It looks like a jolly little morsel. But, we have discovered it is nothing but a fraud, a phony! There was much scandalous gossip and a great deal of hooting incredulity when the discovery was made. The carrot cake is..... shop bought! And, to add insult to injury, was swathed in paper that this morning's breakfast toast was wrapped in. Shocker! It does taste mighty fine tho...

My cream cheese brownies have had a warm reception. However the macaroons seem to be a little lonely of attention. I can always take them home if untouched as the other half does seem to be rather partial to them.

The WI must have a right rip-roaring time with their cake bake-offs! Thank the Lord this wasn't a competitive event or there could have been gougings, bitings or pulling of hair.

I'm so full of cake that I can't even contemplate lunch today. I shall put ideas of lunch on hold whilst I nibble on a bit of flapjack. Mind you. I have many weekends away coming up - beginning tomorrow with the Bank Holiday weekend in Dubrovnik - so I need to be aware that a cake-belly on the beach is something that no-one should have to look at...

2 comments:

Bella Della said...

OOOH.. what sort of cake do you think will be available in Dubrovnik ?? stuff the fat tummy syndrome.. who cares as long as you are enjoying world class cake.

Unknown said...

The sound of all those cakes is making me feel faint. [swoon]

[Thud]