Friday, August 12, 2005

Breakaways!!!

I'm not in my usual office today so the dessert thing is a bit of a problem. However.....

I've just had a Breakaway biscuit. How fabulous! It took me right back to my childhood. All I needed to complete the memory was a meat paste sandwich, some cheese & onion crisps and a carton of juice. I can do without the shorts and sandals tho - not such a vision when considering enjoyable lunches... not to mention a bit nippy around the ankles.

In fact, another memory is slowly trickling thru.... I sometimes used to swap sandwiches with my friend Pete - he used to always have some kind of smoked chicken stuff on his and, for the odd change - and being a charitable sort I felt a bit sorry for him having the same thing all of the time! - I'd be willing to hand over a ham n cheese to live dangerously by eating exotic tinned chicken. Such culinary diverstity in one so young! Maybe that's why I switched to adoring cake and biscuits so much. A boy can only take so much non-specific tinned poultry product. I wonder how Pete turned out...!

Anyway. Breakaways. They're still really good! I was also coerced into having a couple of Rolos this morning too. Now they're still delish.

Do they still sell Curly Wurleys? I'd love to get my teeth into one of them...

Friday today and I'm already gearing up for a nigt out on the lash. I can already smell the dangerous whiff of beer and Soho. A dreadful yet heady combination. Saturday morning may just have to be rescheduled until later in the day.....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, you can still get Curly Wurly's, but even better ... Nestle have announced that Texan Bars are to be reintroduced for a limited time only (6 weeks) so get 'em while you can!! I used to lurrve Texan Bars!

Bella Della said...

mmm Breakaways.. this brings back loads of other packed lunch goodies to mind..
wagon wheels
pink wafers
white chocolate mice
jammy dodgers
monster munch
sherbet dib dab
My mum was v creative when packing goodies in my lunch box..