Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Lick

..er .. ish.

Houstonmacbro asked if I like it. Whilst it’s not an emotion or a feeling, he’s quite right when he says you either like it or hate it.

It makes me gag. It’s kind of sweet and perfumey but harsh and sour at the same time. I don’t like aniseed either. Pernod, Ouzo and associated flavours really do have my tongue hanging out and begging for mercy. Weirdly, I can remember giving liquorice to our dog. He nearly bit my hand off and loved me intensely for ages after, well, for as long as my sticky, 12 year-old fingers stilled smelled of the stuff. Even now, sitting here merely considering the taste of it has made my mouth water unpleasantly and given me shudders. My mum loves the stuff though.

Now, on to Monty’s suggestion… love.

Love is a cupboard full of cake and a boyfriend that rubs my back until I fall asleep.
That’s pretty much it on the love front.

Ok. That probably seems like selling out. I’ll furnish with a bit more detail. TOH and I had our first date nearly 11 years ago. We met at Browns in Covent Garden for a drink. After about 2 drinks I remember excusing myself and dashing off to the gents’. Once there I looked in the mirror and gave myself a mental slap and a good talking to. I wanted to make sure not to ruin it all by acting like a buffoon because “I really like this one!”
We went to Pizza Express for dinner and nibbled daintily on thin crusts, avoiding all areas of garlic in private anticipation of potential action later on. He told me he liked my aftershave so from then on I gave him ample opportunity to breath me in (I was wearing Issey Miyake – can’t bear it now as I got hammered one night whilst wearing it and the smell still reminds me of room spin). From that night on we’ve been pretty much constantly together. We were wise to have avoided the garlic…

Now then! Enough girly old tat. What next? I’m out of suggestions from everyone. I’ll have to start thinking of my own ideas again.

Note to self… think hard for next post.

6 comments:

Muzbot said...

That's a great story... I feel a slight amount of envy for guys who can feel that sort of emotion.

Darth Gateau said...

you don't feel that sort emotion?

Monty said...

That's soooo sweet! I think it's marvellous that you two have been together for so long! Well done! I think when you were in the loo talking to yourself, I'm sure that TOH was sitting at the table giving himself a right ol' left hook because "he really like this one" too! Keep it up DG - you're a source of inspiration for me! :-)

joe*to*hell said...

more topics? OK!

circumcision

Anonymous said...

That was very sweet to read. My b/f and I have been together for 9 yrs and were getting married soon. Your little sorty reminded me of some of our little moments also. BTW, Love reading your blog.

Darth Gateau said...

thanks Mark. I can't get into your blog but I'd be interested to read!