Thursday, April 10, 2008

Feeling Emotional..? #2

Being the cheeky imp that he is, Muzbot suggested that I write about ‘lust’ when I requested ideas for posts.

The tricky thing about lust, is that it’s hard to twist the definition to avoid any discussion about sex.

Here are the definitions…

1. Pleasure.
2. Inclination; desire.
3. Licentious craving; sexual appetite.
4. To have an eager, passionate, and especially an inordinate or sinful desire, as for the gratification of the sexual appetite.

Er… My blog has never been about sex. I’ve never discussed it (apart from the odd thought about attractive gentlemen).
Clever you, Muzbot!

One thing that has always occurred to me about lust, is that when you’re feeling full to the brim with lust, it’s like being drunk. It seems to cloud your judgement and makes it nigh on impossible to stay rational and use any common sense.

I suppose that could be the reason that many people wake up the next morning next to someone who looks like they have been hastily sewn together, but don’t understand how it could have happened as they “only had one beer!”. Excess lust! That’s how!

It’s been a while since I’ve let my lust loose on the open market, but has anyone noticed that as an evening dwindles on, and the more time you take to find an object upon which to bestow your lust, the less choosy you get? For me, I think it was that all of the lookers snapped each other up early on, leaving the less desirables scratching around for left-overs. When there’s a very shallow pool of potential, you don’t need to put your snorkel on to see what’s left, but sometimes you just don’t want to go home with an empty net…

I’m enjoying the “sinful desire” part of the above definition. I have lots of those. I’m not discussing them here :¬)

I do have a lust for life. I have a lust for food. I also have a lust for booze – personal lustworthy favourites are vodka (with tonic), beer (cold) and wine (white, dry - but nothing that will make my gums curl up. Know what I mean?)

As most people who read my blog read Muzbot’s, I think we can also pretty much agree that he is an 'objet de luste' for us all too.

Another big lust for me is travel – I simply can’t get enough.
And finally, of course… TOH.

4 comments:

Monty said...

Yes, that's a true statement about Muz...and sometimes, that's half the fun...just having the lust without the consumation of it. :-)

Christopher said...

It's so entertaining to watch the "sidewalk sale" happen at closing time...suddenly, the choosy ones become so much more friendly & less choosy!

ps: I arrive in London on May 3rd and leave May 7th, for Paris...there until the 11th...I can't wait!!

tankmontreal said...

I remember lust. It's been awhile.
Mid-life crisis? Maybe.
Once in a while I think I could go for a lil' evening-dwindling and judgement-clouding. But most of the time I just can't be bothered.

Muzbot said...

What on earth are you going on about? When I mentioned "lust" I was thinking about new shoes! :)
However, you do have a way of saying the sweetest things. You know the sentiments are mutual.