Monday, January 21, 2008

Steam


…I think I’ve run out of it.

I need inspiration. I’m dealing with feelings of super itchy feet at work and in life. TOH and I are thinking about what to do with ourselves. I haven’t a clue really. There is a potential plan but it depends on other stuff. The other stuff would be good if that were to happen and if not, then plan B would be cool too. All in all, I’m feeling unsettled, a bit trapped by circumstance and that I’ve tons of potential (not exactly sure what kind it is but I’m sure it’s there somewhere) that I’m not using.

Harrumph. It’s also making blogging difficult as I’m out of sorts and really unsure what to blog about. There’s always cake of course but I haven’t had any good cake for a while either. I’m in a bit of a blog desert (as opposed to my usual dessert), the nearest oasis isn’t even on my map, my tent is in tatters and my camel is getting moodier by the minute.

On Friday we went to see Swimming With Sharks, the play currently starring Christian Slater. It’s pretty good and Mr Slater was fine – I reckon he’d be pretty much able to turn his hand to most things on the stage really.
Yesterday my friend Malcolm and I went to watch the Dancing on Ice TV show being filmed. It was actually great fun; the fun element was enhanced by being able to have drinks in the bar afterwards with the skaters and the celebs. Malcolm is a good friend of one of the skating professionals (hence us being able to watch it being filmed). It was worth it for the free doughnut! It was hilariously cheesey but I now have a new respect for the poor celebrities shoved onto the ice like a troop of sequin/feather covered bambis. We were so close to the edge of the rink we could see the look of terror on their faces as they wobbled geriatrically around the ice, live on national TV. Horrendous pressure! Made my work/life indecision seem paltry.

Today, it’s grey and wet (yet again), I got on the train for my 1.5 hour journey to work and I just didn’t want to get off at my stop. I wanted to stay on it and see where it took me.

What to do?

Thoughts…?

5 comments:

T said...

a 1.5 hour train journey to work is way to long, mate.

Monty said...

I'm hoping that Plan A AND Plan B both include moving to Sydney and living 10 mintues walk from your new fabulous job - designing and tasting cakes! :-) And TOH will be working in the city doing his thing! And you'll be earning twice what you were on in the UK and at the beach every weekend!!! :-) Otherwise, I have no more suggestions.

Hugs

Monty! x

Anonymous said...

call in sick but go on that train anyway.

pick a number, and get off the train at that same minute (or close to), or stay on the train and see where it takes you.

you might find something you never knew was there before.

houstonmacbro said...

Blogging is difficult ... I've never know what my blog is about ... at least yours has a topic ... a theme.

Keep up the good work.

Muzbot said...

So the restlessness has been with you for a few weeks now... Is it just a wintery thing? I often feel like you do as the cold months drag on. Anyhoo, if your plans fall into place I hope that it's as great as cake and brings that special smile back to your face.