Thursday, November 29, 2007

Food Guilt

I’m not normally that bothered about how much food I eat – it’s just what I shove in my mouth that counts. However, with now only 20 days before I board my flight to Sydney I’ve had a crashing realisation… I need to be beach ready.
Bugger! I’ve left it too late. I’m concerned that whilst lolling about in the sun with the surf lapping around my ankles, some Greenpeace do-gooders will spring from the bush and attempt to haul me from the beach and back into lifesaving waters whilst asking the age-old questions “what does cause them to beach themselves knowingly?” “How come it’s here at this time of year?” “Why is this one wearing shorts?”

Maybe I’ll just buy a kaftan and pretend I’m Turkish.
Do they wear kaftans in Turkey?

I’m unprepared in other ways for Sydney too. I haven’t even considered wardrobe options, I haven’t thought about body husbandry and I can’t remember if my visa was done when we bought the tickets or if I still need to do it.

Hmmm… On the upside – it’s still 3 weeks away so I’ve got a bit of time to sort stuff out.

The festive season is almost upon us so I’m going to be busy all the way up until departure. Already, every weekend is taken care of and midweek drinks and dinners are now filling up so that we can meet up with friends and family to wish them season’s greetings.

Note to self. Must get a mistletoe hat….

6 comments:

Monty said...

Oh you! You'll be swatting the boys off like flies! They won't be able to resist the furrrrrry chest and the Aussiebum clad errr lower regions! ;-)

Matt said...

I'd be happy to give you some tips to make yourself your most presentable on the beach. All you need do is e-mail me your full-body pictures and I'll be on top of it right away.

Muzbot said...

tic-toc tic-toc... 3 weeks will go by very quickly. But I'm one of those travelers who pack the night before, so I wouldn't worry about it. The weather is beautiful at the moment, so pack light and summery. :)

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Oh will you just relax and enjoy this trip! Don't worry you're hot stuff! The only thing any guys from Greeneace are going to want to do is study your mating habits! ;)

I can't believe it, is that Matt with a dirty mind!?!

Steven

Matt said...

Steven, how little you know me.

Darth, of course I didn't mean to offend if I did ...

Darth Gateau said...

Heavens! Such a resposnse. Well thanks boys I'm a little pink with blushes still.

I've now considered wardrobe options, realised I don't have what I need so I'll just buy it all there! Hurrah! Then I can take Muzbot's advice and pack light.
And to think... I've travelled the world with a small backpack and not even a whiff of designer fabric. Maybe I should get back to basics!