Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Greek Yoghurt with Honey & Nuts


Why is it that stuff you eat on holiday tastes sooooo good but when you come home and have it, it’s all a bit of a let down?

Whilst in Mykonos I had the above a few times. It’s great – obviously I like it with as much honey as can be squeezed out of as many bees tiny behinds as possible. I love it. I’m just a bit worried that if I give it a go now I’m home I’ll be hugely disappointed.

Mykonos was terrifically lovely. I don’t think I’ve ever seen sea as deep a blue as it is there. It made me ecstatically happy sitting looking at it. There’s usually a bit of a stiff breeze in Mykonos too, so there’s always lots of little white caps on the waves.

Meeting up with our friends from Sydney also made me happy. I realised that I actually miss them quite a bit, as they’re great fun and so easy to be with. It was a real wrench to leave the island with them still there for a few days more. I had the worst case of post holiday blues that I’ve had in ages.

Hilariously, our Sydney friends invited their personal trainer along (men and women were swooning everywhere!) and they were all busy working out each morning with savage hangovers. I, on the other hand lolled about by the pool until everyone had finished and TOH had managed to haul himself from the bed and fill himself with paracetamol to numb the previous night’s excesses.

Then it was time for lunch – as I’ve mentioned in a previous post some time ago, there’s nothing better for lunch on holiday than a club sandwich. Haven’t got a clue why, it’s just the way of things. We’d then all pounce into a jeep and head off to the beach for an afternoon’s sunning and ‘meerkatting’ at attractive gentlemen. After much neck-ache inducing gawpery we retired, crispy-red, to the nearest beach bar for cold beer and possibly a few snacks to discuss where to go in the evening.

I think I’d like to be Greek. Well, for this week at least. Of course, I wouldn’t mind being Italian either. Or Spanish. French at a push. Mediterraneans are just soooo lucky. And so yummy!

7 comments:

Monty said...

OOOOhhhh, so not fair! We're shivering in our winter woolies and you're lolling about in the sun, drinking beer! sigh!

Tales of the City said...

SO agree about the Southern European Men... would'nt they be tastier with lashings of Greek Honey and Yoghurt?

Peter said...

Eat Yaptu on a warm sunny day, you know those days we don't have many of.

http://www.nutrition.org.uk/printArticle.asp?dataId=1735

Muzbot said...

I concur. Those Mediterraneans are rather spunky. But, you've got nothing o be jealous of Darth... You're mighty good looking too.

Matt said...

Funny - after we went to Paris, my partner spent MONTHS trying to duplicate the cafe au lait he drank while we were there. Different coffees, different milks, everything. It just can't be done. You have to experience it all at once.

I do love the Greeks ... and Italians, and Spanish. I hope you're neck is feeling better. I'd be pretty damn "un-squeaky" if I was there. ;)

Canberrabiker said...

"'meerkatting' at attractive gentlemen" - I do like that metaphor

Will use it some time, I think !

Bella Della said...

Hi Mr B
Apologies for not dropping in on your blog for several months ! I feel fully informed now on the comings and goings of your life, I have the following comments
-I am glad to see your rash has cleared up , as you looked fine when I saw you last week
-I am not entiriely sure about the red shirt in the photos!!
-Is there any European country you have not visited this year ?
-I am on the case with Dans Le Noir.
See you soon
Mrs K
x