Thursday, July 05, 2007

Baguette!!


Zut alors! I’m quite excited. My holiday to Provence has come around really quickly. I can’t wait – I can almost smell that Lavender.

My facial disfigurement is, thankfully, on the decline thanks to some whiz-bang antibiotics and I’m now thinking of such pithy issues as what to pack? What will I need? Do I need fancy shoes?

I’ve never been to Provence before so this should be quite fun. The other half has packed his French language CD’s. I imagine they’ll return from France in exactly the same pristine state as they are at present – unused. I need to brush up on my Francais so that I’m able to order the most ludicrously large lunches, buy vin by the case load and nibble on fromage until dawn. I’m actually not that keen on cheese but I’ll give it my best efforts as an Englishman abroad.

I’m looking forward to sitting by the pool, reading a small Alp of books, listening to a shed load of music and generally lounging about – glamorously so, of course.
There’ll be quite a few of us in our gorgeous villa so it’ll be great fun. There’ll be me and TOH, naughty David (see pic in my post about San Sebastian), lovely Adrian, hunky Mike (from Arizona – they make them well out there don’t they!) and some ladies – PC Jayne and Irish Liz.

I’d also like to mooch around a few Provencal villages, maybe try on a beret or two and learn to play boules. It’s obvious that I’m almost half way to being French already. All I need now is to devour Le Figaro every morning over a seething black coffe and e voila!

p.s. has anyone tried the new M & S rocky road mini bites? They’re delish!

6 comments:

Monty said...

Sigh - sounds FAB! I'm hugely jealous - you've just been on a holiday and now you're going on another! Have a sensational time Mr! Look forward to seeing the Provencal pics (hopefully, sans shirts!)...he he he!

Tales of the City said...

Hey dont forget to have a fag hanging off your mouth.. I mean Gitanes by the way..
Have a great time and see you the week after... In the mean time, I 'll just have to sniff the Lavender on my Balcony instead.

Scott in Iowa said...

Oh you lucky Brit. Always jetting off to some far away exotic place. Be sure and entertain us with plenty of pics upon your return!

Muzbot said...

Are you ever NOT on holiday?! Sounds like a great trip and a great time of year to be on holiday in that part of the world... Have fun, and we're all looking forward to the holiday snaps when you get back.

Tom said...

I do enjoy reading your posts, but I'm a bit jealous hearing about your travels and seeing the pictures of the lovely men that accompany you. Oh well, back to my dreary life!

T said...

umm Limewire is a peer to peer software program which lets you download songs movies from other Limewire users. Do a google search, mate