Friday, July 27, 2007

How Great IS Cake?


Now then. It’s been just over 2 years that I’ve generally blathered on about cake. Well. That’s the reason for this post. I started blogging about cake. Then it transformed into all ‘food’. That was followed by stuff about what I was doing at the time. Lately it seems to be a travel journal.

Do blogs grow up?

I feel I’ve strayed from my cakey origins but I don’t think that I mind so much.
I like the fact that I’ve made some blog buddies and I enjoy the interaction with them. I’ve now also met up with a couple of these people.
1. Muzbot in Rome – the glamour – trying to find someone you’ve never met in a foreign city… it was like a movie – all we needed was Meg Ryan and a bit more of a plot. (plus a little less jetlag for him and a little less of hangover for me)
2. London bloggers. It was a total blast.
CuteCTguy has already blogged about the evening – if I knew how to insert a link here, I would – but I’ll give a quick summary of events.

Introductions & champagne
Champagne
Chips
Champagne
Lairy chat and much naughty giggling
A short walk
Curry
GIL’s reluctance to drink more
CuteCTguy and I persuading GIL to drink more
Arrival of ma-hoo-sive beers
Arrival of curry
CuteCTguy dunking most of his sleeves in curry
Accidentally thrusting Ctguy from his chair – sorry.
Weaving our way outside
Hugging a stranger in street (he was hot! At least I think he was but I may have had beer goggles on by then…)
Carriages

T’was a splendid evening and I’m looking forward to ‘part deux’ v soon.

It was such fun that the two gents above should really be awarded some kind of recognition for their part in the shenanigans. Therefore, they are to become honorary Knights of Cake and their titles shall now be “Beef” and “Short”... -cake, obviously.

I’m off to Mykonos next week so I’m really only permitted to write about cake. Consumption of anything resembling a sugar/flour-based confection would lead to weight gain causing horror, maybe even terror, (possibly expulsion) in the streets and on the beaches of the island.

Sigh. I’m off to gnaw on a rice cake.

8 comments:

Tales of the City said...

Clearly I am Beef... though I am guessing you want me to be the other given GIL's massive.. errm.. height.

Darth Gateau said...

you boys can be whichever one you want - duke it out amongst yourselves.

Brechi said...

rice cake..eek

Monty said...

Bring on October and the International Bloggers Meet - though what shall you call me...cup? lol
Have a fab time in Mykonos!!!

Scott in Iowa said...

Always traveling off to someplace exotic...have a great trip!
Be sure and let us all know how the cake was in Mykonos!

Muzbot said...

and the day we met is actually one of the most memorable days from my holiday. And yes, I think the adventure of trying to locate you in that foreign park could have been from a movie. Glad we did meet. :)

Guy In London said...

Darth, I am obviously not "Short" (6' 2") but not sure I'm "Beef" (170lbs/75kg & 40" chest). But hey, whatever, let's do it again.

GIL

x

houstonmacbro said...

I do believe blogs grow up ... yours is ... maturing and exposing us to a lot of treats and sites of Europe (we in the States can only dream of going to some of these places).

Keep it up!