Tuesday, November 21, 2006

It’s up to you….


New York, Nooooooooo Yoooooorrrrkk!

I depart on Thursday for a weekend of pre-festive shopping and extreme indulgence. I can’t wait.

Hong Kong was, as always, kinda cool. Also, as always, I left Hong Kong with a little parting gift – a cold. I don’t know why but I always get a cold in Hong Kong. I thought it could be the air conditioning but I never get it anywhere else I travel to. Still, no matter as I have just been to visit the smoothie man at Gatwick who made me a ‘flu fighter’ smoothie, packed with lots of vitamins and bug busting goodies.
It was quite tastey too, until I’d finished and then had a bit of a funny aftertaste, but hey, medicine always tastes bad in some way doesn’t it…

I made sure I sampled some Hong King cuisine and dined on great food during my 2 night stay. It wasn’t even a whistle-stop visit this time – I didn’t even have the opportunity to get my whistle out and blow, let alone stop!

Let’s talk about New York…
I’m flying out on Thanksgiving and arriving in the evening. Apparently the day after Thanksgiving is a mammoth shopping day. How splendid. I shall have my cards charged up and my signature signing speed at max so I’m able to blitz the shops before retiring in a huge heap of quality shopping bags stuffed choc full of fabulous things. All for me!
Actually, I do have to do a spot of Christmas present buying whilst I’m in the US but I know what I need and where to get it so it’ll take me no time at all!

Right. I’m away with my sniffles now to seek solace in a lemon drink. It’s all about glamour with me – it really is.

No comments: