Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Canadian Gingerbread

I wonder what it is that makes it Canadian...? There were no mounties handing it out - which would have been fun. They could offered quick rides around the lunch room on their horse for a small fee.

I'm uncertain of any maple syrup content. Is there a special kind of Canadian ginger?

Hmm.....

I'm still thinking about mounties....

Don't they have great outfits!?! Apart from the hat.

Anyway. Back in the work groove again after a splendid weekend in Rome. It was beautiful and we had a lot of fun. A friendly lesbian hijacked us in a bar one evening and whisked us off to a club (location unclear... there had been considerable booze consumption by then) with 2 of her friends in their early 20's - both attractive in that smouldering, Italian kind of way but a little on the short side - but then Italian chaps generally are from what I've seen. Sigh. There was drinking, there was dancing and there was much merriment. Rome is one of my fave places on the planet.

What else? Now counting down to my holiday to New England. My health plan has been set in motion and my lunch today threw a rather large spanner into it early on in the programme. Turkey, brie and cranberry sandwich. My tastebuds rejoiced, my waistband groaned in terror. Things aren't going too bad tho - I don't really want/need to lose that much. Just want to tone up - don't want to look like a lardy ol' knacker on the glamourous streets of Provincetown!

Any travel tips for Boston/Provincetown would be greatly appreciated, so if anyone happens to be browsing thru here and has any info please let me know.

I think I need some tea. One lump or two? Anyone?

1 comment:

Bella Della said...

Where is the photo of the leaning tower of Pisa wafer ??