Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Sand - wich anyone?

Yikes. Something wierd must be going on. My second post in less than a week. Unless I'm careful, I could turn into some kind of serial blogger.

I was aimlessly drifting to my car - read being swept along on a gritty, stiff breeze - after work one evening earlier this week and I thought I'd take a few snaps of the view from my office. Well, not actually my office. My office doesn't have any windows and has my team of ten squashed into the space of a Honda Civic. What I mean, is the building in which my office is contained. It was such a lovely evening I simply had to share.

Here you go... go on! Drink it all in and enjoy...



That view! It's a beaut ain't it?! Until a week ago (when the car park was actually finished) that flat bit in front of the sandy hummocks was where I had to park my car. My shoes were buggered.


I know, I know. It makes me emotional to look at it too. Imagine what it's like in reality? Can you possibly imagine? I'll bet you can't.


You can almost smell the cranes can't you? I'm a lucky guy. I get to see this every day. Anyone who wants to come stay is very welcome, but I warn ya... book ahead, it's gonna be soooo busy.

Here's a pic of one of my fave landmarks in Dubai - no, really. I actually do like this one. I didn't at first, but now I kinda like it. Possibly beacause it scares me. It's currently the tallest building in the world. And it's not even finished yet! gulp!

Sooo shiny.

5 comments:

Victor said...

I could feel grit in my throat just viewing those photos.

Monty said...

The Burj Dubai is an amazing building!!! It would be incredible to experience it! What are those buildings in the distance that you see from your office? It's all very sandy! Think I like my Sydney views better though! :-)

Darth Gateau said...

Yes Monty. It's very sandy. But that's because it's desert. They mostly are sand... :-)

The buildings are the new developments that Abu Dhabi hopes will make it more smashing than Dubai. one of them is called Al Raha Beach and the plans do look pretty amazing. What you can't see on the pics is the sea. It's actually just where a lot of the cranes are.

MadeInScotland said...

Yikes

I wondered where you went. The links I used to find you by seem to have...disappeared.

U living there? Only today the Guardian said Dbai was *fcuked*

ahoj best ahoj

Darth Gateau said...

yes, Dubai kinda is for the moment. Abu Dhabi on the other hand still has as much oil as you could shake a very big stick at and about the same again of gas. The cash just keep comin' outta the ground around here!