Monday, December 17, 2007

Travel Sweets


Does anyone remember these? Tins of hard-boiled sweets covered in a huge drift of dusty looking icing sugar. I think you can still buy them in some forgotten shops in eerie backwaters of the country. They were so hard that when you managed to eventually break them (rather than your teeth) they shattered into vicious shards that would slice and tear at the insides of your mouth.

Hmmm…

Anyway. Travel sweets may well be required. I’ll need something substantial to suck on in a few days, as I’ll be idle for 22 hours from Wednesday evening.

I have a good book, I have an iPod, I have lots of thinky stuff to do. There may be films and there will hopefully be booze to keep me occupied. With any luck there will also be some attractive gentlemen to look at whilst they service me, however in past experience there are usually lots of sturdy, older ladies with formidable bosoms and mouths like dog’s bum’s smeared in lippy instead. I am, of course, referring to my flight to Sydney!! Yay! At last it’s within sight. I’m beside myself with excitement. The fact that it’s been raining and grey there for the past week or so hasn’t dampened my spirits. The friends that we’re staying with are a little disappointed on our behalf with the forecast, but I don’t care. It’ll be great to be in Sydney again and to spend time with them as they are just brilliant and I can’t wait. I can’t wait. Did I mention I can’t wait?!

This will probably be my last post before departure. I’m not sure I’ll get to post again until I return. I’ll do my best but can’t promise.
Just in case I don’t get to do post again until 2008…

Merry Christmas and a Happy & peaceful New Year to you all.

To those who read or comment often, thank you, I feel honoured that you take the time to read my ramblings and make the effort to comment from places all over the globe, I can guarantee that each and every one of you has made me smile at some point this year. To those who may have happened here by accident or by chance, season’s greetings to you, please call in again and leave me a message so I can return the visit.

9 comments:

Muzbot said...

We've been planning for your visit. I've organised a little fireworks display on the harbour for you on NYE. I've invited a million or so of my closest friends to the night to make you feel welcome.

Looking forward to seeing you.

M

Monty said...

Despite the forecast, yesterday and today have been pleasantly sunny! So cross your fingers DG!

Can't wait to see you again...wahooooo!!!!!!! :-)

Scott in Iowa said...

Hey Darth,

Have a GREAT trip and be safe.
Also, Happy Christmas and Merry New Year!

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Woohoo! Enjoy your trip Darth! Don't forget to try the cake down under, just to compare. ;) I hate long flights also, try not to let your bum get sore (as gay men there are just so many jokes in there) walk around when you can. I understand what you mean about the attendants on the planes. When going on asian airlines the girls were so pretty, neat and helpful, however when going with North American air lines, one of my friends asked, "why do all the flight attendants look like drag-queens?"

MERRY CHRISTMAS buddy and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Steven

Monty said...

PS I LOVE those travel lollies in the tins!

Scott in Iowa said...

Hellloooo....

Are you back yet???

Single Guy said...

Have a great time and enjoy Sydney in 2008!

Darth Gateau said...

I'm still here and loving it - I'll do a proper post asap!!

Anonymous said...

happy new year...all the best for '08!
S!