Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Tagged


Ooh! Completely new to me - I've been tagged to do this by T$ - why thanks!

Here goes...

1. When you were born, how much did you weigh? Not very much at all. I was tiny and jaundiced, so at least I looked like I had a tan. For a while, when I returned to the hospital for checks etc I was mistaken for a new born baby all of the time and only given smaller amounts of food - which even then made me a wee bit cranky!

2. What's you're sugar poison? Obvious innit?! Cake

3. If you had to choose between meat and cheese for the rest of your life, which would you choose? Then be specific. Hmmm... I'm really not a fan of cheese. It's pants. Especially if it's got lots of blue veins in it. urgh. Meat? Well, has to be sausages. I think they are divine and the 3 Kings should have arrived manger-side armed with a string of Lincolnshires instead of myrrh.

4. What, is your opinion, is the worst song ever? Not sure if they're the worst songs ever but... I just don't get Mika's stuff. They're such irritating prattle.

5. Who was your favorite teacher growing up and why? Miss Barker from 6th form English Lit. She was great, behaved like she was our friend, invited us all over to her house for dinner just before Christmas and was generally cool. How could 17 year olds not love that? Even gay ones!

6. What personal activity, when performed in public, bothers you the most? I can't bear spitting. It's just so deeply unpleasant and antisocial.

7. Ok, there's a $50 bill lying on the ground. You pick it up. Dumbfounded by your incredible luck, what do you selfishly purchase? See answer #2. I'd probably have my ill-gotten cake with booze. Or sausage butties. With HP sauce. Hunger crisis....!

8. Do you have a recurring nightmare? It's not a nightmare but I used to have it often when in my 20's and lately it's returned. I dream that I am, or I'm turning into, a vampire. It's not scary, I don't get upset by it as it's fascinating at the time - I can feel my teeth straining through my gums and my throat getting dry. A dream dictionary advises seeking help or counselling... outrageous cheek!

9. Name one place on Earth you've never been, but vow to visit at least once. South America. Anywhere there that's historic or of particular importance - Galapagos Islands, Machu Picchu, The Amazon Basin... ooh so much stuff there to see.

10. You notice that question #9 wasn't really a question. You feel smart for catching such a small detail. What else can you do really well that reminds you how smart you are? Hmmm... doesn't remind me how smart I am but my memory spooks me sometimes. My friends say I have a freakish memory. I can remember what we had for dinner in Key West in 2003, What TOH was wearing when I met him, the names of my whole class alphabetically from when I was 7, those kinds of things.


What do I do with this now? Am I supposed to pass it on?

9 comments:

Matt said...

Fun reading your answers!

Yes, I think you're supposed to pass it on, and "tag" others.

Muzbot said...

What the heck are "sausage butties"?

Darth Gateau said...

sorry! 'butties' is Liverpool slang (it's where I'm from) for sandwiches.

Bacon butty, sausage butty - it's colloquial I'm afraid. You'd never hear the Queen say it. Or Helen Mirren - unless she's in character. Judy Dench would fully understand though as she's from the same town as me.

Monty said...

I was just wondering the same thing as Muz too! :-) We may have do "butties and beer" when you're here! :-) (ooh, it just sounds a little bit rude doesn't it)

Scott in Iowa said...

Hey, you made a link!!

Trevor Messersmith said...

word. thanks for playing!

xoT$

joe*to*hell said...

muzbot you beat me to it!

sausage butties sounds dirty. and hot. sign me up

Darth Gateau said...

dirty?! Hot?! I never thought of them in that way. But now...

Matt said...

Okay Darth, I played along ...

http://matterdays.blogspot.com/2007/12/tagged-im-it.html

You owe me ...