Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Summery Bread and Butter Pudding

Well well well…

Again it’s been a while…bit of a pattern forming here isn’t there?

I’ve just returned from Tokyo where I’ve spent a week on business. I’m not even going to consider talking about today’s dessert as there’s just too much to flap on about Japanese food. I LOVE it.

I’ve spent a week demolishing tons of beef sukiyaki, Japanese beef curry, sushi, teriyaki, and katso curry, not to mention the desserts! Japan is a rather cheeky surprise on the cake front. It’s all v fluffy and light and super-duper pretty. I’ve also become a bit obsessed with Japanese pickled radish – odd huh? If anyone reading this ever gets the chance to try it then I suggest you wolf it down!

The bonus of Japanese food is that it’s all fairly healthy! How cool is that?!

I’m off to Mallorca tomorrow for a long weekend so I’ll be throwing myself heartily into tapas and much sangria. Heck, I need to be planning a diet soon or I’m gonna turn into a big slab of Serrano!!!

No comments: