Monday, June 12, 2006

Chocolate & Black Cherry Sponge

Hmmmm…..

I like chocolate and I LOVE cherries but I’m not sure how I feel about the dessert du jour.

I’m going to hold off discussing it whilst I ponder….

Since my last entry (some time ago I know – big sorry!) I have had a splendid holiday in Boston and Cape Cod. We visited Boston over a national holiday – Memorial Day. Boston was more or less closed. The ‘other half’ and I explored the city on foot. The weather was amazing, which was a good job, as we couldn’t go into many places, being that they weren’t open. When it came to lunchtime I was sooo hungry and my feet were aching but we couldn’t find anywhere open to eat! But then we spied a diner that was open and we rejoiced. However as we limped towards the door, weak with hunger, we noticed the enormous queue spilling out on to the pavement. I stifled a small sob. Due to the heat and unbearable cravings for food, the ‘other half’ and I then proceeded to have a completely irrational argument and opted to buy a sandwich from a little store and sit on Boston Common with it.

Harrumph! Boston is pretty though and I feel that I’ll need to return to give it a fair chance. And to have a look at the insides of things too!

Cape Cod is incredibly beautiful, so friendly and completely geared up to allowing one to eat lobster 24 hours a day! Spectacular! I particularly enjoyed my lobster sandwich one afternoon whilst lazily slumped over a view of a beach. I’d recommend Cape Cod and I hope that I can visit again soon.

Now then. I’ve made up my mind on the Choc & Black Cherry Sponge. It gets a big fat zero.

2 comments:

Bella Della said...

You are so wrong Mr B. Chocolate and black cherry absolutely do compliment each other quite beautifully.. I fear we have disagreed over the topic of food, which let's face it,is pretty rare for us !! as we are normally on the same food wavelength.
The Office is just not the same without you , eating M&S Dunker biscuits and Thorntons chocolate selection without you is just so sad..
Come back !!!

Bella Della said...

I feel your pain Mr B, with a lack of buddies to exchange views on that amazing subject of food ! Am missing you too.. Well let me think for a moment what lovliness I have consumed recently.. Well I was out to dinner last week and did eat the most lovely apple crumble with cinamon and sugar chunks in it, it was gorgeous, (although you do know how easily pleased I am in the crumble department !)
I also ate a couple of little sainsbury's world cup-cup cakes with lashings of fondant icing on them, simply lovely! I will try and find sometime to come and visit Concorde House, maybe we can have a visit to you know where and have a banana caramel frapuccino.