Saturday, November 14, 2009

Stale

Curses! I said I wouldn't let it happen again and look what's happened! My blog has gone all stale and out of date. Again.

Not that it really matters as I don't have that many people drop in any more. Why should they? - it's all old news. Oh, poor, poor blog. I've neglected you so much.
Right. then. Let's get this tidied up and back on track.

My blog is about cake - kinda. Sadly I've given cake up. It's heart-breaking really. My digestive system has taken an absolute hammering over the last 40 years. I've put it through some tough stuff. Now, it's having it's revenge. I've had to give up some of my favourite things to stay healthy. It was grim at first but now it's kind of easy - it's all my own fault and I look back at the punishment I've inflicted on myself and I'm really not surprised! OK. List of things I can no longer eat/drink
  • bread - absolute agony

  • cake - see above

  • biscuits - holy crap - more favourites wiped out. sob!

  • pasta

  • rice - only in small amounts

  • wine - a particularly upsetting abstention

  • champagne - could it get any worse?! But it's like drinking battery acid for me these days

  • breakfast cereal - tragedy. I used to have cereal for dinner sometimes - I love it so much.

  • milk - I never drank much milk anyway but full fat seems to be worst

Pleasingly vodka, chocolate, potatoes (which therefore means chips and crisps - yay!) and yoghurt are still fully accepted by my now moody, old-age body so all is not lost. Although I do look like a dirty old boozer drinking vodka tonics at the dinner table when everyone else is carping on about how excellent the wine is. God! I'm turning into Sue Ellen!! Meh! I'm over it.

So. How great is cake? Well. Obviously it is GREAT. But I don't get to eat it much now. However, I do allow it occasionally which makes it more of a treat.

On the upside of all this, I've lost about 2000 kilos and all my clothes are now too big. Perhaps I should change the blog to "How Great is Shopping"

I'm still totally obsessed by food though and my current passion is one I'm not proud of... I just can't eat enough crabsticks!! TOH and friends all look on with horror as I plough through tons of the things. Japan will soon be experiencing an unexplainable shortage and restaurants all over Tokyo will be out of business. I'll also be turning pinky orange and will smell, unattractively, of the wrong side of the wharf. I'm such a catch. TOH must feel so lucky.

Dubai has become just super-duper. Winter has set in and it's glorious. 30 degrees today with a cheeky breeze to freshen everything up. For the first time in months we've been able to turn the AC off and throw all of the doors and windows open. The cleaner will be shovelling sand from all of the corners as a result if the wind picks up but for now we're loving it. I even wore a jumper the other day - I felt chilly.

Right then. I'm off outside into the blue-sky day.

Ciao my lovelies!

4 comments:

Monty said...

We want photo's of the new skinny you!!! Dreadful news about having to give up cake and wine tho! But glad you're seeing the upside! :-)

Darth Gateau said...

You may even be able to see the new (not so skinny me)! I'm visiting Sydney in just over a week's time - last minute booking for a few days and then a few days in Melbourne!

yay!

Darth Gateau said...

You may even be able to see the new (not so skinny me)! I'm visiting Sydney in just over a week's time - last minute booking for a few days and then a few days in Melbourne!

yay!

Matt said...

Oh no!!! I don't think I could bear it. But then again, you do what you have to and go on living.

"The wrong side of the wharf" - lovely. That made me laugh. :)

Glad to see you make a post. My company has a small office in Dubai - maybe I'll schedule a trip and drop in to say hi.