Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Peanut Butter & Jam Sandwich


Hmmm... Just had one. A peanut butter & jam sandwich, that is. The shops here have all sorts of weird and wonderful things in them from all corners of the globe (apart from nice tea - Liptons is about it... bleeearrgghh...) and whilst meandering the aisles seeking inspiration my gaze settled on a jar of... peanut butter AND jam. In one jar. Who knew!? I was intrigued. I bought a jar. I took to it with a spoon in the kitchen on arrival back at the apartment, frozen food left defrosting and puddling all over the tiles. I was concerned that the jam would be in lumps or blobs at random locations throughout the jar. Not so. There was an even swirl of jam - all the way to the bottom of the jar. I know this because I dug quite a way down. All in the sake of culinary discovery, you understand. Now then. The jar has lasted for about 3 weeks. The past weekend I popped to the local shop (read, Aladdin's cave of assorted spices, dusty boxes of cereal, bizarre brands of aftershave, razors and hilariously branded Indian and Arabic condoms) for some bread. All that was left was milk loaf. I hadn't had milk loaf for years. For those not in the know, milk loaf is very white, uber soft, squashy bread with hardly any crusts. Kids always love it. I threw some peanut butter & jam on it. I nearly exploded with pleasure. The jar is empty, the bread is gone (quite possibly soon followed by my teeth)


sigh....


Other news in brief


  • I have a cold. Typical. I come all the way to the desert and get a cold. It's 30 bloody degrees outside

  • Work is pants, causing me to feel like I'm on some kind of sickening rollercoaster. One minute everything's on the up and I feel like laughing my tits off, the next minute it's vile, and I feel like flinging myself from a moving carriage rather than carry on with the journey

  • It turned out sunny here again

  • I'm off on holiday next week! I'm going to Kerala in India for some R & R. A bit of a hippy trip will hopefully brighten me up and have me feeling sprightly

  • It's nearly Christmas and I haven't seen a single bauble yet. It's not really an official holiday here (I'm working Christmas Day) and there is no jolly festive music jingling anywhere. I'm missing yuletide spirit. Harrumph!

  • I have discovered a new love for potato smiley faces. Is that wrong?

5 comments:

AlexJ said...

Sounds yummy, what happened to your "restraint and portion control"..? lol
Have fun in India, hope you get your hair braided and wear some beads..
Don't fantasise about Xmas or the UK, here are some reasons;
> It's not sunny again - really freezing.
> Our lovely govt has decided to slip us a whopping 2.5% off VAT but sting us on income tax in 3 years time to pay it back and more!
> John Sargeant is off "Strictly"
> You don't have to attend a 40th birthday party in a kebab restaurant this Friday!
Titties up dear.

scottiejt said...

sounds and looks like a taste sensation!!! Enjoy India!

houstonmacbro said...

Getting this rather late, but hope you're feeling better!

Monty said...

Errr, that spread sounds awful to me...but then again, I like vegemite! :-)

Hope you have a fabulous HOT Christmas - you had a lovely hot one last year and seemed to enjoy it! :-)

And, given the current situation in India...maybe don't go! We don't want to see you held hostage or something!

Jayne said...

The sarmie mix sounds awful, but then I love peanut butter sarmies dunked in coffee!
How was the trip to Kerala?

You should be seeing the start of all the crimble stuff now - most malls are well decked out already. I managed to get through the whole of the 'festive' period last year without hearing a single Boney M song. I hope to gawd I can get through this crimble the same!